Apple's World Wide Developer Conference was certainly interesting this year. I sat down with my good friend Joe Cieplinski, host of Release Notes, to talk about what's new in iOS and macOS, and how these changes impact the business side of app making.
Some of the highlights:
- Privacy is good for business, but can be tricky.
- Apple wants the Mac to no longer be the step-brother of the iPhone.
- Catalyst is good for business. Joe is contemplating using it for his teleprompter app.
- App clips are a great way to low-key capture new audiences. They're also the new landing pages.
- Widgets will become a necessity for most apps. Start planning yours.
Which new goodies are you going to take advantage of to grow your downloads?