How can I link my Google Play account without sharing my private credentials?
This way you won't have to share your personal credentials, which most likely have access to sensitive features we don't need access to (such as banking information and control over your apps).
We require credentials because Google does not provide any other way for us to connect to Google Play (such as OAuth).
If you already have a set of credentials for your Google Play Developer Console go ahead and link your account by visiting Account settings → Linked Accounts → Link an Account.
Creating a sub user in the Google Play Developer Console
To create a sub-user, start by logging into your Google Play Developer Console.
FYI - You'll need to have admin privileges to continue with this process.
- Click Settings → User Accounts & Rights.
- Select Invite new user at the top of the page.
- Give the sub-user and email that isn't your main email but you have access to. If you don't have a separate email you can use your own email with a
+appfiguresbefore the @ (Ex.
firstname.lastname@example.org) which will send emails to your regular inbox, but will look like a unique address. This is called Plus Addressing and works with most major email providers.
- Set Access expiry date to Never.
- Set the role to Finance. This role provides read-only access to reports without the ability to manage your apps or banking information. It's important to leave View app information checked and the Permission scope remains set to Global.
The invitation form should look like this.
- Select Send invitation.
Google will send an email to the address you provided. Follow the instructions in the email to complete the setup.
When setting up your password we suggest using a complex password since you won't really have to remember it after entering it into your Appfigures account.
Once the account is ready head back into your Appfigures account and into Account settings → Linked Accounts → Link an Account.