Setting Up Review Alerts with Slack
Alerts are a great way to stay in the loop without having to constantly look at your reports. You tell us what you're interested in and we'll slack you when it happens.
Before creating alerts you'll need to link your app store (iTunes Connect, Google Play, etc.) accounts so your apps are being tracked.
Creating an Alert
- Log into your Appfigures account → Reviews.
- Select the app(s) you want to get reviews for.
- Apply filters to control which reviews you want in Slack. You can filter by:
number of stars. Or don't apply any and we'll send all new reviews.
- Select the language you want your reviews to be automatically translated into
- Setup's done, let's make the Alert - Click Create an alert at the top of the report.
- Select the frequency.
As soon as possiblemeans that we'll send an alert as soon as we see new reviews.
DailyAlerts are sent around 8pm EST.
- Select Slack as your channel.
Connecting to Slack
- Click Link Slack account.
- If you're not logged into Slack you'll first need to log in with your Slack credentials (we can't see your Slack credentials, and will never ask for them directly).
- Select your team.
- Click Authorize to close the popup and continue setting up your Alert.
- Select the channel you'd like the Alert sent to. We currently support public channels and will soon be adding support for private channels and direct messages.
- Click Create.
Your Slack Alert is all set! New reviews will be delivered into your selected Slack channel at your selected frequency.
Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)
When will I receive messages?
Reviews are updated automatically in the background throughout the day (and night). When we see a new review for your app that matches your filters we'll send that review right away.
Can create more than one Alert?
Of course. You can create multiple alerts with different apps, filters, and actions. So you can send your crashes to your dev team and your awesome reviews to your marketing team.
How can I change the channel or team the Alert is sent to?
You can easily edit your Alert directly from the reviews page. Simply click the arrow that's in the "Create an alert" button and select the Alert you'd like to edit. Then, open the room selection list, or click on "change team".
How can I delete an Alert?
Similar to editing an Alert, find it from the Alerts menu in the reviews report and click delete. Deleted Alerts can't be recovered, so delete carefully. Measure twice, cut once.