Getting started with Public Data Access
Now that you've enabled the Public Data API add-on you're ready to look up data for any of the 5,000,000+ apps we keep track of.
With the Public Data API you can:
- Search for apps by name
- Get meta data for an app (name, categories, etc.)
- Get the current and historic ranks for an app
- See where and when an app was featured
- Read all of the reviews for an app
- See current and historic ratings for an app
The easiest way to get started is by looking up an app through the product search route. Here's a quick example:
This will return a list of products that have the term "snapchat" in their name with metadata for each. From there you can take the
product_id for the app you want and use it with any of the other routes.
Here's a quick example for getting all the reviews for Snapchat (Android):